Medium 180 Derek’s Dalek MiniTree
Based on Derek backus’ design of his MiniTree made of steel, we have adapted his design to a cost effective coro version.
The Medium Version of Derek’s Dalek MiniTree uses 5 panels with 10 Pixels/RGB nodes for a total of 50 nodes in a 180 configuration. You can install as many or as few nodes as you like. The tree also includes our 9″ 20 node star that is held in place with two nodes.
- 5×10 MegaTree node configuration 50 Nodes total
- Pixel spacing of 1.91″ center to center
- includes 9″ 20 node star
- Available in Black, White and Green (No longer available after sold out) Coro
- Made from 5mm fluted plastic (coro)
- Mini tree is 19″ tall without star and 27″ tall with star mounted
- The base is 13″ wide and the top is 3″ wide
- The back panel has a series of ziptie mounting holes to attach tree to a stake or 1/2″ Reo Bar
- At the base of each panel, an 1/8″ hole is provides to insert a stake to anchor the tree if needed
The inside of the tree has the score marks for folding. Install pixels or RGB nodes of your choice. Take the star and install the metal reinforcement rod if it isn’t already installed, make sure it is in a channel that doesn’t obstruct a node mounting hole. Then bend the star mounting tab slightly just below the star to make it straight when the tree is complete and it keeps the reinforcement from falling out. Make all wire connections now. When you are ready to close the tree, install the zipties loosely until you have them all in place then you can tighten them up to make the tree close.